1. How does one communicate through an interpreter?
You act like you always do. Our interpreters are “invisible”, your information flows unobstructed, and you do not notice that you communicate through an interpreter.
2. What interpretation mode should one select?
It depends on the type and set-up of your event. Simultaneous interpreting is the best alternative for international meetings, congresses, arbitration hearings, EWC- meetings. At a business meeting with few participants consecutive interpreting will be most suitable: it will allow you to ponder some additional seconds while the interpreter conveys your message to the other party.
3. How do you handle confidential matters when you engage an interpreter?
Our interpreters are bound by the strictest professional secrecy.
4. What practical steps should be taken into consideration?
Interpreters need to prepare for the assignment. Thus, it is important that you provide us with all relevant material, such as the agenda, list of participants, presentations and useful links. We are also grateful for earlier presentations from previous meetings on the same subject: we are not looking for facts, but your professional vocabulary and terminology.
5. How do you make interpreting services efficient?
An interpreter is your tool. Tools should be used appropriately. Our interpreters always arrive 30 minutes before the start of the meeting. Use this time for a short briefing and explain to the interpreters what goals you wish to reach during your event.
6. Does one need to use any specific hardware when interpreters are involved?
Yes, sometimes. Tell us more about the set-up of your meeting and we will provide you with many good tips!